Saturday, March 13, 2010

Space...the final frontier...?

So, I find myself awake at 5:30 in the morning, tiptoeing around trying to get the baby to stay asleep, on a mother's ultimate quest for some space. What I won't do for an hour of peace and quiet all to myself. Years ago, I wouldn't have dreamed of going out to the movies or eating out alone. Now, it sounds like heaven. Since I have been awake I have had to replace the binky 5 times and have even put a hot water bottle in the blankets next to him to try and simulate a warm body since that is what seems to be his only solace.
The older I get the more I love to be alone. Maybe because it rarely happens. Turns out I can't even take a shower alone. The baby always needs to be put in for a shower and then Scarlett seems to always have to poop right then. Let's just say, the ambiance of that is unsatisfactory. I suppose if I was alone all the time I would yearn for contact but that isn't the case. The best I can do is steal away the few precious minutes before someone needs their butt wiped or a boob in their mouth (the baby!). As I type this, one cat is meowing for food and the other hundred pounder has plunked himself on my lap, desperate for some attention from the always busy mommy. So, I guess the thought of the day is "Every moment is precious".

No comments: